The bank-to bank transfers in foreign currency (cross-border transfers) are made through the SWIFT (using correspondent banks and TARGET2) and SEPA (using SEPA Credit Transfer).
Bank-to-bank transfers - outgoing
In view of making an order for bank-to-bank transfer in foreign currency, you have to fill in:
1) Transfer order form. The transfer order can be deposited at the bank also through winbank.
2) Statistics form according to art. 3, par.1 of Regulation № 27 of the Bulgarian National Bank regarding the statistics of the payment balance. The statistic form is filled in solely in the instance of transfers between local and foreign persons in the country and for cross-border transfers and payments amounting to or exceeding 100 000 BGN or their equivalent in foreign currency.
3) Declaration according to art. 4, par. 7 and according to art. 6, par. 5, p. 3 of the Law on measures against money laundering. The Declaration is filled in the instance of each transfer exceeding 30 000 BGN or their equivalent in foreign currency.
4) For cross-border transfers or paymentс equal to or exceeding BGN 30,000 or its equivalent in another currency to a third party you shall submit information and documents which certify the grounds for and the amount of the transfer or payment, as well as a declaration in accordance with Ordinance No. 28 of BNB on the Information and Documents Submitted to Payment Service Providers in Executing Third Party Cross-border Transfers and Payments.
Deadlines for effecting transfers:
Cut-off times for submission of payment orders and applicable value dates for execution of payments can be consulted in the Tariff of the bank.
Fees and commissions applied by Piraeus Bank Bulgaria AD for the transfers in foreign currency can be consulted in the Tariff of the bank.
Bank-to-bank transfers - incoming
The only condition for receiving money in foreign currency on your account with Piraeus Bank Bulgaria AD, is that you provide your counterpart with the exact banking data, to include the following information:
- Full name of recipient
- Recipient's address
- Bank: Piraeus Bank Bulgaria AD, Sofia
- SWIFT code: PIRB BG SF
Fees and commissions applied by Piraeus Bank Bulgaria AD for the receipt of incoming transfers in foreign currency can be consulted in theTariff of the bank.